Saturday 8 November 2008

Lucky Couch

As seen on ebay...

This reminds me of the couch we used to have possession of in Granville. Ours was in fact a much uglier, beige-wool, 70's modular arrangement, with many a mysterious burn and stain. As with any couch of its type, it had been through a number of caretakers in its time, providing comfort for stoners, couch surfers, amorous couples and many a tired party-goer. It was so incredibly comfortable and versatile that in its traditional L-shaped form at least two crashers could stretch out full-length at any one time. When it was required for couples or up to 4, it could be rearranged into a cot-like oblong, providing a great lumpy nest for willing participants. The Camel Couch, so named due to its many lumps and bumps was always best suited to a particular type of household. One where excess is not so much the rarity, as the norm. There have been so many memorable evenings (and just so many evenings) to which that couch was privy. And it almost seems a coming of age, when such details as comfort are discarded in favour of a more modern, funky, yet prim design. I like to think that as The Camel sat folornly on the street out front of 230 St Johns rd destined for the oblivion of household waste, that perhaps some young, hopeful student saw its potential and took it home for a second chance.


Lucky Couch

Item Specifics - Home Furniture
Type: Living Room
Color: Green
Material: Some crappy fabric
Condition: Used


WARNING: This is a truly ugly green couch, however I must explain its history. I was furious when my flatmate left this ugly thing behind when he moved out. I never got around to throwing the thing out, but I remembered his stories of how lucky he was with whatever girls who sat on this couch. He even told me of certain parts of the couch not to sit on because of you know... Anyway, I didn't pay much attention until lucky things started happening to me with this couch. You see, whenever I had a girl over and we were sitting on the couch, we'd end up having a cuddle and pash and soon afterwards we would be in the throngs of passion. I'm no oil painting, and I'm certainly not that good with the ladies, but when they are on this couch, things just happen. I just can't explain it. Every girl that I've sat on this couch with, I've been lucky with. Same as the previous owner. So instead of throwing out my couch, I thought I would pass it on to someone else that needs good luck with the ladies. I hope someone else can benefit from this lucky couch as the previous owner and I have. Good Luck.PICK UP ONLY.Comes with one ugly green chair and optional footrest (which is not green and doesn't really match anything).



No comments: