Monday 27 October 2008

How hard is it to come up with a blog name?

Pretty hard. I now understand why Maz has 3 blogs. I suspect I may ditch this name and start a new blog myself when I eventually come up with a better name.

Petey in an extremely generous moment gave me a name he was saving for a rainy bloggy day. Its a great name. It is however better suited to Petey than to I. It just sounds a little riske for me, "naked beneath her/his clothes" just doesn't seem, I dont know, me.

Anyhoo, why a blog? Why, when I have never before shown an interest in blogging, why would I start a blog. Why, when life is already incredibly full of things I've started and am yet to complete and full of commitments it seems impossible to fulfill when we all have such limited time in the day. Why?

I'm asking myself the same question. Which brings me to my objectives, 'cause its always important to define your goals and set some clear objectives. I think what really cracked it for me was when I was sitting here for ages trying to think of a blog name, and what I could possibly write about and I looked out at the pool and thought, well i could write about the pool...well...I could write about the fish....geezus, what a narrow boring life I have? I really need to get out more. So that's it. My aim is to get out more. Read the paper (or at least news.com), be more interesting so that at least i'll have something more exciting to write about than the view from our kitchen table. I also aim to get a little more informed about whats going on in the world.

And already its a resounding success. I've learnt something already today. I learnt that that quote I have had stuck up in my wardobe for years is by Gandhi...of course it is, its just that I wrote it on that post-it note so long ago that I forgot its source. And so the blog title is born. At least for now.

No comments: